OXOLINE®: A MODULAR, EASY AND EFFECTIVE STACKING SYSTEM
The basic idea is a structure in which barrels are placed on a set of rollers.
The space above each bung is free, allowing for work to be done on each barrel independently, in place. With the ability to access each barrel in the stack independently, it is possible to open, hot water rinse, fill, rack, clean, sample, rotate, and remove each barrel in the stack without touching any neighboring barrels.
Oxoline® was developped for barrels in 225, 228, 300, 350, 400 and 500 liters sizes.
- FILLING: Filling is done in place using traditional tools.
- TOPPING: Topping is done easily with any number of devices. With minimal effort, barrel can rotated slightly on its rollers so that the bung is on the side, if desired.
- LEES STIRRING: OXOline® modules are fitted with rollers, facilitating free rotation of barrels, whether empty or full.
Lees stirring is accomplished quickly and easily by simply rotating the barrel, without opening it and exposing wine to oxygen. Rotation time per barrel is about 5 seconds.
- CLEANING: After racking, rinsing is accomplished while the barrel remains in place. For deep cleaning, a rotational cleaning wand developped specifically for OXOline® is used.
- REMOVAL WITHOUT UNSTACKING
- DRIP DRYING: The barrel may be rotated so that the bunghole is facing down to allow for drip drying into an optional stainless steel pan.
- CELLAR OPTIMIZATION:
Storing barrels up to 7 levels high, without unutilized space.
Elimination of barrel emptying areas and cleaning rooms in the cellar
- OPERATING COSTS REDUCTION: Significant reduction in working time.